Thursday 7 November 2013

If I would re-write the Bible.

By Shiru wa Mum

If I would rewrite the bible,

I would start with Calvary,
The cry "forgive them Father..."
With a spear drawn upon ribs...
The water...
The blood...
And the pain.

If I would rewrite the bible,
I would start with the spitting upon face...
The lashes...
And the groans...
Sore hands...
Bent back...
And the cross.

If I would rewrite the bible
I would start with betrayal,
The vile kiss...
The denial...
"I know ye not!"
With the angry crowd shouting
"Release to us Barnabas!"

If I would rewrite the bible,
I would start with a prayer,
"Father if you could remove the cup,"
The anguish...
The sweat like drops of blood...
And the sacrifice.

If I would rewrite the bible,
I would start with Christ,
The ultimate price,
The acceptance,
The unconditional love,
So before the fall,
There would be salvation

No comments:

Post a Comment