Wednesday 12 February 2014

MANCHESTER CITY midfield powerhouse FERNANDINHO thrilled by BRAZIL national team call up.

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 -
Manchester City midfield maestro,
Fernandinho, has expressed his
delight at being called up to the
Brazil squad for the international
friendly against South Africa
slated for March 5.
Fernandinho who joined
Manchester City from Shakhtar
Donetsk last summer  in a £30m
deal, has been a key figure in
Manuel Pellegrini’s side and his
exploits have caught the eye of
Brazil coach, Luiz Felipe Scolari.
The 28- year old who is currently
sidelined with muscle injury has
vowed to impress so that he can
secure a place in Brazil squad for
the 2014 FIFA World Cup at home
soil.
He said: "I arrived at home after
training, and the telephone began
to ring.
"I was really anxious to find out if
my name was on the list. It was an
immense joy for me.
"It's a big challenge for me. If I
get the opportunity to show what I
can do, I'll do my best to be on the
final list for the World Cup."
Fernandinho also hailed his move
from Ukraine to England as a step
up in his career as the Premier
League has given him more
exposure.
He added: "The move was very
important for me.
"I have grown a lot as a player,
but I can't speak badly of the
Ukraine as I had good times there.
"What I did there is done, in the
past, and now I'm in a good phase
here at City. I've grown in every
way.
"Here the exposure is much
greater and perhaps this is the
reason I've been called up to the
national team."

No comments:

Post a Comment